Marginal note:Not an agent
22. The Board is not an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Annual budget
23. (1) The Board shall annually submit a budget for the next following fiscal year to the Minister for consideration.
Marginal note:Funding for training and language
(2) The Board shall consider including in its annual budget funding to allow the Board to provide the members of the Board with cross-cultural orientation and education and other training for the purpose of improving the ability of the members to carry out their responsibilities as members as well as funding for facilities to allow members to carry out their responsibilities in their traditional languages.
(3) The Board shall maintain books of account and records in relation thereto in accordance with accounting principles recommended by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants or its successor.
Marginal note:Consolidated financial statements
(4) The Board shall, within such time after the end of each fiscal year as the Minister specifies, prepare consolidated financial statements in respect of that fiscal year in accordance with the accounting principles referred to in subsection (3) and shall include in them such information or statements as are required in support of the consolidated financial statements.
(5) The auditor of the Board shall audit the accounts, financial statements and financial transactions of the Board annually and shall make a report of the audit to the Board and to the Minister.
- 1994, c. 43, s. 23;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 185;
- 2013, c. 14, s. 16.
Marginal note:Special reports
24. On request of the Minister, the Board shall report to the Minister on
(a) the operations of the Board;
(b) the number of applications made to the Board;
(c) the orders made by the Board; or
(d) such other matters as the Minister may specify.
Marginal note:Annual report
25. (1) The Board shall, within three months after the end of each fiscal year, submit to the Minister a report on the activities of the Board in that year.
(2) The Board shall publish the annual report.
Jurisdiction of the Board
26. (1) No person may apply to the Board for an order unless the person has attempted to resolve the matter in dispute by negotiation in accordance with the rules made under paragraph 39(1)(a) or, until such rules have been made, in a manner satisfactory to the Board.
Marginal note:Resolved matters
(2) The Board may not hear or make an order in respect of any matter that was resolved by negotiation unless the parties consent thereto or it appears that there has been a material change in the facts or circumstances that formed the basis of the negotiated resolution.
Marginal note:Matters not raised
(3) The Board may not make an order in respect of a matter that is not raised by any of the parties.
- Date modified: