Marginal note:Acts done in good faith
15.1 No action lies against a member or an employee of the Board for anything done or omitted to be done in good faith in the performance, or purported performance, of any function under this Act.
- 2013, c. 14, s. 14.
Head Office and Meetings
Marginal note:Head office
16. The head office of the Board shall be at Whitehorse or at such other place in the Yukon Territory as the Governor in Council may designate.
Marginal note:Business meetings
17. (1) The meetings of the Board shall be held at such times and at such places in the Yukon Territory as the Board considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of its business.
Marginal note:Participation by telephone
(2) Subject to the by-laws of the Board, any member may participate in a business meeting by means of telephone or other communications facilities that are likely to enable all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other, and a member so participating is deemed for all purposes of this Act to be present at that meeting.
18. The Board may make by-laws
(a) specifying grounds for removal of members in addition to the grounds for removal for cause generally recognized by law;
(b) respecting the assignment of members to panels of the Board;
(b.1) in the case of a member whose term has expired, respecting the member’s ability to continue to perform their functions in relation to a matter for which a hearing is held; and
(c) generally, respecting the conduct and management of the internal administrative affairs of the Board.
- 1994, c. 43, s. 18;
- 2013, c. 14, s. 15.
19. The Board may employ such officers and employees and engage the services of such agents, advisors and consultants as are necessary for the proper conduct of its business and may fix the terms and conditions of their employment or engagement and pay their remuneration.
Marginal note:Government facilities and information
20. In exercising its powers or performing its duties or functions under this or any other Act of Parliament, the Board may, where appropriate, use the services and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of a Government and may obtain from any such department, board or agency, any information that is required to exercise those powers or perform those duties or functions.
Marginal note:Property and contracts
21. (1) The Board may, for the purposes of conducting its business,
(a) acquire personal property in the name of the Board and dispose of the property; and
(b) enter into contracts in the name of the Board.
Marginal note:Legal proceedings
(2) Actions, suits or other legal proceedings in respect of any right or obligation acquired or incurred by the Board may be brought or taken by or against the Board in any court that would have jurisdiction if the Board were a corporation.
- Date modified: