Marginal note:Recommendations of panel
109. (1) On the completion of its review of a plan, a panel of the Board shall provide the originator with written recommendations, which may include a recommendation that the plan be implemented, with or without modifications, or that it not be implemented.
(2) A panel shall provide a copy of its recommendations to any minister, municipal government or first nation that requested or consented to the review.
Marginal note:Consideration to be given
(3) The originator of a plan shall give full and fair consideration to the recommendations provided to it by a panel and shall provide the Board with its reasons in writing for declining any of the recommendations.
Audits and Effects Monitoring
Marginal note:Recommendation for audit or monitoring of project
110. (1) When a designated office, the executive committee, a panel of the Board or a joint panel recommends to a decision body that a project be allowed to proceed, with or without terms and conditions, it may recommend that a project audit or that effects monitoring be conducted in respect of the project.
(2) A decision body that accepts a recommendation for a project audit or effects monitoring shall provide the results of it to the designated office that made the recommendation or, in the case of a recommendation made by the executive committee, a panel of the Board or a joint panel, to the executive committee.
Marginal note:Advice to decision body
(3) After reviewing the results of any project audit or effects monitoring provided to it by a decision body, the designated office or executive committee may provide advice to the decision body on the basis of those results.
Marginal note:Request for audit or monitoring of existing project
111. (1) A request for a project audit or for effects monitoring of an existing project may be made by ministers and first nations to the extent that and in the manner in which a request for a review may be made under subsections 95(1) to (3).
Marginal note:Report of results
(2) The executive committee shall conduct a project audit or effects monitoring of an existing project where so requested, and shall make a report of the results to the minister or first nation that made or consented to the request, and may include recommendations in the report.
Marginal note:Consideration of report
(3) The federal minister, the territorial minister or a first nation shall give full and fair consideration to any recommendations of the executive committee.
Studies and Research
Marginal note:Request for studies or research
112. (1) At the request of the federal minister, or at the request of the territorial minister or a first nation and with the consent of the federal minister, or at the request of a first nation or the territorial minister and at its or his or her expense, the executive committee may undertake
(a) studies of environmental or socio-economic effects that are cumulative geographically or over time; or
(b) research into any aspect of the assessment of activities.
(2) The executive committee may conclude agreements respecting the terms of reference, scope and scheduling of studies or research with the ministers and first nations that request or consent to them.
- Date modified: